The Godox VDS-M3 is a shotgun microphone for video, film, interview, and documentary work. The mic provides a smart feature set that allows you to tailor the sound to your needs, offers an XLR output, and includes a built-in rechargeable battery, which can power the mic for up to 220 hours when a 48V phantom-power source is unavailable.
The mic features a supercardioid pickup pattern that focuses audio capture on the subject and reduces unwanted background sound, while engaging the -10 dB pad allows the mic to handle louder sources. Unwanted low-end rumbles can be reduced via the high-pass filter with settings at 75 Hz, while the high-frequency boost switch can be engaged to add presence for more intelligible dialog. The VDS-M3 mounts to a boompole or stand via the included adjustable bracket, which can pivot 270° for optimal positioning. An included foam windscreen helps further reduce noise, and a USB charging cable is also supplied.
- Featuring a highly directional pickup pattern with a superflat response and low self-noise, the VDS-M3 is designed to deliver clear, natural sound, without any coloration
- The supercardioid pickup pattern helps to focus audio capture on the subject, reducing unwanted background noise
- Useful and convenient features to help you get high-quality recordings include: a high-pass filter, -10 dB pad, high-frequency boost, and LED status indicators
- The included foam windscreen aids in reducing wind noise while protecting the mic from weather and dust
- The mic is powered via 48V phantom power or by its built-in rechargeable battery for up to 220 hours on a single charge
- The mic's XLR output is compatible with a wide range of professional audio gear
- A directional microphone mount with a 270° adjustable angle is supplied for stand and boompole mounting
Primary Applications Podcast, Web-Streaming, Recording to Mobile Device, ENG (Electronic News Gathering), Audio for Video, Location Sound Form Factor Camera-Mount Intended Sound Sources Vocals, Speech/Voice Over, Instrument Sound Field Mono Capsule 1 x Electret Condenser Polar Pattern Supercardioid Orientation End Address Circuitry Solid-State Pad -10 dB High-Pass Filter 75 Hz Tone Adjustment High Boost Gain Adjustment Yes Indicators 1 x Green/Red Single LED (Battery, Power)
1 x Green Single LED (Status)
On-Board Controls Gain/Sensitivity, High-Pass Filter, Presence Boost Windscreen Foam (Included)Performance Frequency Range 20 Hz to 20 kHz Impedance 200 Ohms Sensitivity -37 dBV/Pa Signal-to-Noise Ratio 75 dBConnectivity Output Connectors (Analog) 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic) Headphone Connector NonePower Operating Voltage 48 V Battery Type 1 x Built-In (Included) Battery Chemistry Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity 2000 mAh Approximate Battery Life 25 HoursPhysical Color Black Mounting Boompole, Floor Mic Stand (with Included Hardware) Mounting Thread Size Not Specified by Manufacturer Included Case None Included Filters None Construction Material Metal Operating Temperature 14 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C Dimensions ø: 0.9 x L: 10.9" / ø: 2.2 x L: 27.8 cm Weight 6.5 oz / 183 g (Microphone, with Mount)Packaging Info Package Weight 1.375 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 12.9 x 5.8 x 2.5"