The Boya BY-XM6-S3 is a compact, true-wireless microphone system offering an easy-to-use and all-inclusive solution for recording one subject to your Lightning-enabled iOS mobile device. The system delivers improved sound quality over the built-in mics on tablets and mobile devices to supply clear, intelligible speech for journalists, YouTube/Instagram creators, TikTok personalities, vloggers, and more.
The package includes a clip-on transmitter with a built-in omnidirectional microphone, letting you quickly and easily mic up your subject for hands-free, on-camera demonstrations, presentations, interviews, and performances. A lavalier microphone is also included for a more discreet appearance, if desired; simply plug the mic into the 3.5mm input jack and use the transmitter as a bodypack unit.
The compact, dual-channel receiver offers a 328' line-of-sight maximum operating range and plugs directly into the Lightning connector on your iOS device. A 3.5mm jack allows for headphone monitoring. The transmitter is powered for up to 7 hours by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, while the receiver is powered via the Lightning connector in your phone or tablet. The components arrive pre-paired at the factory—just power up, plug the receiver in, and you're ready to go.
- The compact clip-on transmitter features a built-in microphone for a true-wireless solution for on-camera talent.
- A lavalier mic is included when a more discreet look is desired; the mic plugs into the 3.5mm jack on the transmitter.
- A fur windshield is provided for the transmitter mic and a foam windscreen is provided for the lavalier.
- The omnidirectional pickup patterns on the transmitter mic and the lav mic help to deliver consistent audio levels, even when the subject turns away from the mic.
- The adjustable gain control on the transmitter allows you to optimize the input for speakers and performers with varying performance styles.
- An OLED screen on the transmitter makes it easy to see levels, along with battery, mute, and pairing statuses.
- Simply power On the receiver and transmitter to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
- The compact receiver plugs into the Lightning connector on your iOS phone or tablet.
- The receiver features a 3.5mm headphone jack for monitoring.
- The OLED screen makes it easy to see levels, battery statuses, mute, mono/stereo, and pairing statuses.
- For a two-person shoot, simply add another transmitter instead of buying a whole system. Since the XM6 is a dual-channel receiver, it can simultaneously handle two XM6 wireless transmitters (second transmitter available separately).
Wireless Technology Digital 2.4 GHz Included Transmitters 1 x Clip-On with Microphone Diversity Non-Diversity RF Frequency Band 2405 to 2478 MHz RF Channel Scanning Auto-Scan Max Operating Range 328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight) Max Transmitters per Band 2 Built-In Recorder No Timecode Support No Encryption None Modulation GFSKReceiver Receiver Type Plug-In Mounting Options Plug-In (with Included Hardware) Antenna PIFA Number of Audio Channels 2 Audio I/O 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Output Network I/O None Word Clock I/O None USB/Lightning Connectivity 1 x Lightning Male (Audio, Bus Power) Standalone Audio Interface Capable No Power Requirements Bus Power (Lightning) Operating Temperature 14 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C Storage Temperature -4 to 131°F / -20 to 55°C Dimensions 3 x 0.9 x 0.5" / 75.6 x 23 x 12 mm Weight 0.5 oz / 14.5 gTransmitter Transmitter Type Clip-On with Microphone RF Output Power 10 mW Audio I/O 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm 3-Pin Female Input Included Cable Connector 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Muting Off/On Switch Auto-Level Control No Frequency Response 35 Hz to 18 kHz Antenna Internal Power Requirements Battery Battery Type 1 x Built-In Rechargeable (Included) Approx. Battery Life 7 Hours USB/Lightning Connectivity 1 x USB-C (Charging) Display & Indicators OLED (Audio Level, Battery Status, Multifunction, Mute, Power, Sync) Operating Temperature 14 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C Storage Temperature -4 to 131°F / -20 to 55°C Dimensions 1.3 x 2.4 x 0.7" / 32 x 62 x 17 mm Weight 1.1 oz / 32 gMicrophone Microphone Type Integrated Sound Field Mono Polar Pattern Omnidirectional SNR 84 dB Maximum SPL 120 dB SPL Sensitivity -39 dBMicrophone 2 Microphone Type Lavalier Sound Field Mono Polar Pattern Omnidirectional Maximum SPL 110 dB SPL Sensitivity -39 dB Outputs 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS MalePackaging Info Package Weight 0.45 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5 x 4.3 x 2.8"